Fire in Owego Thursday

No one was injured in a kitchen fire last night on upper North Avenue in Owego. The call came in around 5:30pm for a working structure fire at the building, between East/West Avenues and Talcott Street. Owego firefighters had the fire out within 20 minutes and damage was confined to the kitchen of the apartment. Dispatch information said the fire was sparked by an appliance. Traffic was tied up on North Avenue and surrounding side streets for about an hour. An additional crew from Campville Fire Station 3 stood by at the scene, and a crew from Apalachin FD was cancelled en route as the fire was extinguished.